Banner

I've Never Had it Done So Gently Before

Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Wheel!

So, for about a year and a half I have been using my lil' spinning wheel from Heavenly Handspinning , which has served me well. However, it wasn't made to stand the test of time, and certainly not everyday use and abuse like I have put it through. I'm pretty much the only one who can get it to work at this point.

Enter Christmas and my lovely parents...I introduce:

My new Lendrum wheel!!:

Battered Wheel vs. New Wheel

Here you can see my old wheel on the left, as a point of comparison.

I'm so excited to score this beauty after going so long with a small orifice (limiting my art yarn capabilities) and having to fix my old wheel every 2 weeks. Now, I've got so many options in terms of flyers, bobbins and a bonafied non-homemade lazy kate, I hardly know what to do with myself!

Not!

I got to spinning straight away, and here's my first spin:

"Pebbles"

Pebbles

Pebbles

A little over-twisted, which is to be expected while I get used to the new more efficient equipment, but once I set the twist it will relax a bit, puff up and make me proud!

I can't wait to share my future spins, especially all the fun and funky yarns I have planned in my head!

Keep an eye out for more (o;

No comments:

Post a Comment