Banner

I've Never Had it Done So Gently Before

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Birds of a Feather

I've been quite busy as of late, but have found some time to embark on my largest carding project yet! As some of you know, I don't own a drum carder, so instead I use the much more laborious method of hand carding:



I used to think it was sort of a second class method, but then I realized that not only does this build some pretty sweet arm muscles, but it also allows me to make the process of spinning and preparing fibers even MORE handmade than most. I've decided to call this "as handmade as it gets."

Most recently, I gave my favorite pair of handspun freeform wrist warmers to my dear friend Katie from Santa Cruz, CA for her birthday.

Handspun Freeform Crochet Wrist Warmers

I will admit, it was hard to see them go, so I decided to make a new pair for myself in a similar colorway. Here are the 18 rolags I carded, adding up to a whopping 5 oz:

Most recent rolags (no flash)

and the yarn I'm currently spinning from them:

Birds of a Feather

"Birds of a Feather"

As soon as I finish building my lightbox, I will be posting a ton of new yarns on my Etsy shop as well as sets of my "as handmade as it gets" fiber rolags.

Keep an eye out and spread the news!

No comments:

Post a Comment